A look at major reading for the month. I’m trying something new, adding little summaries.
- The Non-Profit Narrative: How Telling Stories Can Change the World by Dan Portnoy
- Give Me a Log with You At One End by Jack Shakely
- St. Francis of Assisi by G.K. Chesterton
- The Legends of the Nittany Valley by Henry W. Shoemaker
- Penn’s Grandest Cavern by Henry W. Shoemaker
One Line Summaries:
- A narrative story that witnesses matters; disjointed facts suggest disjoined operation.
- People over programming and candor and humor over stuffiness.
- A reactionary life can only be understood by learning what one reacted against (or for).
- Knowing the history of a place lets you enter into history; it’s alive, and will keep you alive.
- “No spot of ground a hundred feet square in the Pennsylvania mountains has not its legend.”