It’s Giving Tuesday, which means it’s the clearest opportunity you’ll get all year to support a worthwhile (or a few worthwhile) charities of your choice.
I know I’ve been getting (and sending) emails about Giving Tuesday over the past few days, and I expect more in my inbox throughout the day. Some of the things I’m supporting today:
- Terri Schiavo Life & Hope Network, which affirms universal human dignity through service to the medically vulnerable
- Penn State’s Michael D. & Trisha G. Walsh Student Broadcasters Trustee Scholarship, which produces $7,250/year for students with the greatest need
- Centre Foundation’s Nittany Valley Renaissance Fund, supporting The Nittany Valley Society’s mission as a cultural conservancy
- Catholic Foundation of Greater Philadelphia’s John & Marion Shakely Charitable Fund, to continue the charitable traditions of my grandparents
- Centre Foundation’s Shakely Family Conservation Fund, whose funds will be available for area applicants each year
Let me know what you’re supporting today. It’s important to make the gift, even if it feels like it’s too small to matter.