I’ll be at The Heritage Foundation this morning for a joint Americans United for Life/Ethics & Public Policy Center-hosted symposium on “Life After Roe.”
We’ve been organizing this for a few weeks as a way for advocates and lawmakers to be as proactive as possible for the post-Roe v. Wade era. We’ll need both national and state protective action to affirm and uphold the human right to life, protect mothers, fathers, and children from abortion violence, and work toward a future of abolition.
The Life After Roe Symposium event page lays it out:
What does life after Roe really look like? Leading legal, medical, and policy experts analyze the opportunities—and challenges—facing policymakers and the American people in their work to protect unborn children, empower their mothers, and strengthen families.
The Supreme Court is poised to correct a grave error and relegate Roe v. Wade to the dustbin of history. The pro-life movement will then enter a new phase of building a culture of life. Join us for a symposium featuring panel discussions on one of the most talked-about topics in America right now: What does life after Roe really look like? Leading legal, medical, and policy experts will provide their analysis of the opportunities—and challenges—facing policymakers and the American people in their work to protect unborn children, empower their mothers, and strengthen families.
Co-hosted by Americans United for Life and the Ethics and Public Policy Center
10:00 – 10:35 am: Opening Session
– Kevin Roberts, Ph.D., President, The Heritage Foundation
– Ryan Anderson, Ph.D., President, The Ethics and Public Policy Center
– Catherine Glenn Foster, M.A., J.D., President and Chief Executive Officer, Americans United for Life
10:35 – 11:20 am: The Legal Landscape of Federal and State Policy
– Ed Whelan, Distinguished Senior Fellow, The Ethics and Public Policy Center
– Clarke Forsythe, Senior Counsel, Americans United for Life
– Denise Harle, Senior Counsel, Alliance Defending Freedom
– Roger Severino, Vice President of Domestic Policy, The Heritage Foundation (Moderator)
11:20 – 11:30 am: Break
11:30 am – 12:15 pm: The Reality of Abortion in 2022
– Dr. Christina Francis, Chairman of the Board, American Association of Pro-Life Obstetricians and Gynecologists
– Elizabeth Kirk, Director, Center for Law and the Human Person, The Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law
– Jeanneane Maxon, Associate Scholar, Charlotte Lozier Institute
– Rachel Morrison, Fellow, The Ethics and Public Policy Center (Moderator)